Player Moderator Program
Players helping other Players
The Discord Player Moderator plays a crucial role in maintaining a positive gaming experience and a healthy online community in conjunction with the Community Team. This is a temporary role and requires a 60 day term of service, along with a 60 day cooldown period. However we encourage moderators to re-apply and there is no limit to how many terms you can serve. This is an incentivized role in the community and moderators can earn rewards at the end of the service term for fulfiling their duties to the best of their ability and our standards. As a moderator, you have a mixed set of responsibilities between Player Experience and Community Management and are encouraged to engage with the community as our most empowered and engaged players.
- Moderator Role in Discord & In-game
- Access to Moderator & Staff Only Chat Channels
- Access to all other Public Discord Channels including Founders Chat
- Primary Support and Contact with the Million on Mars Team.
- Access to the GDE & Sandbox (if the moderator is not already a Creator).
- One (1) time inventive bonus end of the 60 Day service term.
Incentives could include: Glitter, Dusk &/or other MoM assets e.g. Martizens, Buildings, Legacy Mod Denotations and or Perks TBD.
Maintain a professional and respectful demeanor, as a player moderator, players will see you as the most approachable members of the Player Experience Team.
- Lead by example! As Moderators you will have direct access to the Million on Mars Team.
- Enforce the game rules and guidelines set by the developers to ensure fair play and an enjoyable experience for all players, to the extent possible in Discord & Chat.
- This includes reporting any discovered instances of cheating or unfair play to the developers and taking appropriate action as necessary to prevent abuse. (e.g. deleting threads detailing exploits)
- Monitor the chat channels and forums to identify and remove any inappropriate or offensive language or behavior from players. This includes racist, sexist, homophobic, or any other discriminatory remarks or actions.
- Act as a mediator between players who may have disputes or conflicts. This may involve listening to both sides of the story and working to find a fair and respectful resolution.
- Assist new players in understanding the game mechanics and answering any questions they may have.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest game updates and developments to provide accurate information to players.
- While our moderators are generally the most experienced and knowledgeable players. The Community Team will engage to help keep the Player Moderation Team up to date.
While we encourage the Player Moderators to engage with the community as they currently do. For those who wish to go above and beyond, there is always more work to be done and we’re always in search of those who assist the Community Team with player support & community management to the best of their ability.
Moderators who engage in additional Player Support & Community Management Activities will earn additional incentives at the end of their service term. The Community Team is ultimately responsible for the collection of Bug Reports, Support and Feedback, however Moderators should feel empowered to solve and collect information on as many issues that don’t require staff intervention as possible.
- Identify and report any bugs or glitches to the staff to ensure that the game is running smoothly and free of errors for the benefit of all players.
- Assist the Community Team with easy to solve support tickets involving but not limited to game questions, bug reports, feedback, easily resolvable account or blockchain issues.
- Monitor and respond to player feedback and concerns, working with the Million on Mars team to address player needs and improve their overall gaming experience for everyone.
- Develop and implement community engagement initiatives to foster a sense of community and encourage player participation.
- Organize and host events, such as tournaments or game nights, to increase player engagement and promote community building.
- Recruit and train new moderators to ensure a consistent and effective approach to community management.
Being a Player Moderator is an important and challenging role, but it is also a rewarding one. Overall, the role is to do what can be done to foster a positive and engaging community that supports the game and its players. This requires a combination of player experience and community management skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with the development team to improve the game and its community.
Last modified 1mo ago